New York City has two big “Super Bowls of Fashion.” The big names in a fashion show off their fall collections in February and their spring and summer collections in September.
The big fashion show in New York is set to happen in February 2023.
During New York, Fashion Week, which will take place from Thursday, February 9, 2023, to Wednesday, February 15, 2023, the fall and winter collections of 2023 will be shown for the first time.
Most likely, this year’s main venue will be in Manhattan at Spring Studios and other downtown spots that haven’t been announced yet.
Keep it here for updates as plans for New York Fashion Week in February 2023 take shape.
In Brief: New York Fashion Week
Fashion Week is now held all over the city, so those who want to know WHO is showing WHERE must stay alert. Check the link for this year’s schedule for a full list of where the best designers will be showing their work this year.
Also, it’s hard to get tickets to New York Fashion Week if you’re not a member of the press or someone who works in the fashion industry. If you’re lucky, though, you might be able to get a ticket to a public show.
Can’t you find your way? FashionWeekOnline lets you watch a Livestream of New York Fashion Week, so you can just sit back, relax, and watch everything come down the runway.
And some background
New York Fashion Week has been held in tents at Bryant Park since 1993. In 2010, the city kept its promise to move the event away from the tents.
Starting in September 2010, New York Fashion Week moved to Damrosch Park at the Lincoln Center complex. This is where the famous Metropolitan Opera House and American Ballet Theatre are located.
But after a few years, some of the most well-known names in fashion started showing off their stuff somewhere else. Today, the biggest names in fashion can choose from a wide range of unique settings, such as the Brooklyn Navy Yard, the Museum of Natural History, and different spaces in Tribeca and other showrooms around the city.
Did you know? Fun and interesting facts about New York Fashion Week
• The first modern fashion show was held in Paris, but New York was the first city to put on shows every season. In 1943, “Fashion Press Week” was the name of the first fashion show in New York.
• Today, New York Fashion Week is the first of the Big Four fashion shows around the world. London, Milan, and Paris come next.
• New York used to be the last of the Big Four, but when designer Helmut Lang moved from Vienna to New York in 1998, he decided to show his collection in September, before any of the big European shows. Calvin Klein and Donna Karan quickly joined Lang. And the year’s last big fashion show became the year’s first.
• Each year, more than 200,000 people go to New York Fashion Week, which brings in more money for the city than the U.S. Tennis Open and the New York City Marathon.
• Design and construction crews work around the clock for three weeks to get ready for NYFW.
• It’s common for top fashion designers to pay up to $100,000 for a famous person to sit in the front row at NYFW so that the press will pay more attention to their new lines.
The Web and 2022 New York Fashion Week:
On other websites, you can find the latest news about New York Fashion Week, including photos, videos, fun facts, and information, as another glam fashion extravaganza glides down the runway in the world’s trendiest fashion capital.
New York Fashion Week’s official site has news and updates, the full schedule, profiles of the designers, and photos from each day.